The shortest path to the success of your web advertising business is sales of ads to direct advertisers. You focus on the work you enjoy while you earn money with your website. The big issues facing every website owner are the same: Where to get direct advertisers? How do I attract top advertisers to my website? Where do I even begin?
Know your stuff!
No matter if your website is devoted to computer tech, bird watching, weight loss, or the-latest-whatever; you’ve got to be right on top of what’s hot in your subjecty area. Someone else’s blog or website is just a mere click away. Update regularly. Captivate your audiences. Make sure your content is current and fresh!
Know your audience!
This is your ad platform. You’re building your ad network. You need to know who your customers (site visitors) are, what they like and what they don’t. What do they need? What products compliment the topic of your website? Contextual advertising is a big winner in the online advertising game. What are the top notch binoculars that are all the rage in the bird watching community? What’s the cool new computer gadget all the kids are talking about? What are trending celebrities using to look fit and trim on the red carpet? Give your audience what they want.
Be able to inform and entice potential advertisers with web analytics, reporting and metrics regarding the visitors to your website. How old are they? What are their interests? Income? Gender? Geographic location? Average level of education? Favorite activities, etc.. The more you know. The more you sell.
If your website is focused on travel to the world’s top beach destinations, then ski clothing retailers are not likely to be talking to their niche market.
Just as you would target ads to your web visitors. Use your energy wisely. Do some research to find the right advertisers to help you monetize your site’s traffic.
Monitor the market and your competitors’ websites:
· Examine your competitors. Take time to examine the websites of your competitors (or even just similar websites). Find out who is advertising on these sites. Follow the ads to visit their advertisers’ websites. Look for those advertisers’ contact information and give it your best shot!
· Social Networks. Explore communities and groups in tune with your website’s subject matter. Who’s advertising there? For instance, look at the facebook page for groups centered on electronic engineering what ads from that page would interest readers of your IT website. What ads do you see on the National Audobon Society’s blog? Who’s interacting on the twitter feed of the hottest new diet guru?
· Offline companies. Look to companies located in your region that might be interested in online advertising on your websites. If they don’t already have a strong brand presence online, offer to help them branch out with an Internet advertising campaign.
· Print. Don’t forget! Newspapers and magazines are full of advertising. Their whole business model is build on it. Check out trade journals, newsletters, and regional rags. You could find a treasure trove of advertisers looking for the right opportunity to reach out to an online market.
Approach direct advertisers and make them an offer they can’t refuse! Create a clear and concise commercial offer that describes all the advantages of your websites and your readership.
Provide advertisers information in detail that shows them why they should choose your website for their Internet advertising campaigns.
1. High traffic audience. Use web analytics software to provide hard numbers on your daily web traffic.
2. Demonstrate clear potential for return on their investment. Everybody’s favorite: ROI. The topic of your website should relate directly or indirectly to your target advertisers’ products or services. Contextual advertising helps your advertiser get more conversions on their ad, increasing their ROI and yours. Let them know you’re using the latest ad tools and ad management software from Orbitscripts!
3. Start with lower prices. By offering lower prices as you get started, you’ll be able to work with advertisers who don’t have access to a high ad spending budget. Your ad network will grow as will competition for ad placements on your websites. Who knows! Perhaps by providing lower prices to advertisers building their business you may just be able to grow your businesses together. Strong, repeat client relationships are essential to the success of every business.
4. Offer innovative ad formats. Most ad networks offer the ability to display text or image ads. So don’t bore your potential advertisers! Set yourself apart from the competition by offering flash, rich media, pop up ads, pop under ads, floating ads, expandable banners, in-text ads, video ads, mobile ads and other ad types. Orbit Ad Server software supports a rich variety of ad formats. Let your advertisers know their ads won’t be boring!
5. Provide the option of different payment methods. Show advertisers your business is professional and ready to work with their business model. The Internet is a world wide market place. Your advertisers could come from any corner of the globe. By offering diverse payment methods you’ll show advertisers you’re ready to do business online. Potential payment methods include: pay per click, pay per impression, pay per lead, pay per sale and so on.
Create attractive packages for advertisers and you’ll form new and long-term business relationships.
· Online advertising (search engines, forums, websites). Become an advertiser to attract advertisers. Create appealing banners that demonstrate the beauty and benefits of your website’s banner ads. Orbitscripts banner ad software makes it easy! Banner rotators show off your website’s ad management software and ability for unique and diverse ad delivery. Use a few words to describe the benefits of your ad network.
· Referral links. Offer a links exchange or ad exchange with major websites to reach advertisers and tell them about your network. You know what they say about friends in high places!
· E-mail to introduce yourself. Compose a message that describes all of the advantages of your advertising platform and why your system and your web traffic works for them.
· Good old fashioned phone calls. Cold calls may not be fun, but they’ll never lose that personal touch. Once you’ve found a potential advertiser, call them. A call shows an advertiser that you are a real person who cares about helping them realize their business goals. If you’re looking for local or regional advertisers (town/region/ even country) offer them a face-to-face meeting where you can present the benefits of your audience, your system and your special pricing.
Orbit Ad Server’s advertising solution and plug-ins offer a variety of ad formats, payment methods, strategic targeting ad tools and intelligent reporting. Show potential advertisers your system uses the latest in ad serving software and that they can leverage that technology to promote their products online. Orbitscripts suite of ad network and ad serving software products will attract advertisers and help you monetize your websites.
Remember! First you work for your reputation and then your reputation works for you!
Stay Tuned with Orbitscripts!