As you may be aware, the OrbitSoft ad server has recently experienced some updates. One of the main reasons we decided to update the product was the high costs we were continuously incurring. Our team also constantly ran into the problem of lack of flexibility when scaling, which was a result of a rigid, unbending architecture of the ad server. We were additionally struggling to put out updates due to the necessity of creating many copies of the product each time, since these copies serve the demands of different clients.
As it stood before, the ad server was split into several separate services which were completely rewritten in the Go programming language. Making this update helped us greatly increase effectiveness, while cutting costs. This new architecture allows for much more flexible scaling of our system, which supports us serving our clients better. It’s a win-win!
While creating these new services, we also generated the ability of fulfilling several requests from numerous clients simultaneously. In the future, this will simplify the updates process, facilitating the release of new versions of the product more frequently.
It’s important to note that while testing the product, we replaced a part of the NoSQL repositories on Aerospike. The system became more efficient and the number of servers which were being used in data storage was reduced.
Furthermore, our innovative team changed the subsystems of collecting and storing statistics and began using the ClickHouse data storage for gathering and processing statistical data. This will help save time for delivering collected data for end-users, and will allow the end-users to promptly react to any changes. In the future, we plan to offer our valued users the possibility of receiving reports in any sections desired.
Phew! We’ve been busy!